6.23.2009

LIFE

I came across this quote from President Hinckley today and thought I would share.

"Years ago I clipped these words from a column written by Jenkins Lloyd Jones: Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like a old-time rail journey... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas, and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."
(Deseret News, 12 June 1973, p. A4)

As I was writing about my thoughts, I realized nothing else is really needed.
We all have those times when we need this counsel.
All I can say is that I am having one of those times.

2 comments:

BriAnna Jenkins said...

Thanks Mika. This has been a perfect reminder after a rocky couple of months. =)

Also, I love the pictures of you two over in your sidebar. Too cute!

J. Miyoshi Zuehl said...

I wish everyone was told this before they got married... and before they got divorced. It's SO easy to believe that your life is the only "boring" one and you're missing out on something amazing... I guess that's it, life IS amazing, but sometimes you have to look for the amazing moments among the monotony and be happy with what they add up to.